Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is hard work always the answer?

Sometimes a more relaxed and curious approach will get you lots further than tackling an issue head on. Knowing the difference is key. Have you ever woken from a dream or meditation with a powerful emotion that you just can’t seem to shake? That happened to me recently. I realized pretty quickly that my normal way of dealing with things wasn’t going to help.

I was doing an ancestor connection and had a powerful memory from infancy. In the "memory" I asked my ancestors if I could just go back to the ancestral realm. I spent the first 11 months of my life in and out of hospital and in several foster homes. It was an overwhelming feeling of wanting to check out, of, "I didn’t sign up for this!" Everything worked out wonderfully. My life is nothing short of amazing now.

When I got up after the ancestor connection I felt intrigued. That quickly turned to despair. A recent reading had suggested I find peace and focus, to allow the energy of joy to assist me in releasing the powerful emotions I had brought up.

The last thing I was feeling was peace or joy. The whole Universe seemed to be set up to annoy and frustrate me. I just wanted to crawl back into bed and hide. My morning meditation just seemed to deepen the feeling of despair. But, I did sign up for this life.  Something as significant as feeling completely alone for the first months of my life has to play an important role in my destiny.

My usual approach of analyzing and then processing a problem (yes, I am an Obatala) wasn’t going to work. I needed to release myself to the current surrounding me and allow it to bring me the lessons I needed.

As I allowed myself to connect with the peace that was flowing around me, I was able to move beyond the emotions. Working hard and treating the emotions seriously would have made the feelings even more powerful. It was through peace and joy, as my reading advised, that I was able to find resolution.

Connect with Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment